Thursday, November 18, 2021

Completely and Utterly Exhausted

    


     I'm sitting here having absolutely no idea what to write about. It's nearing the end of the semester where I think everyone is absolutely drained. I'm definitely thinking about skipping any morning classes that I have. I used to love staying late at school and just doing my homework there but now I'm racing to get home. I have been homeschooled my whole life, so I think this semester of college was a huge culture shock for me. My mom taught me a lot of the stuff I know today and I did online school for about two years. It still was hard work and with me doing gymnastics full time I definitely was extremely busy. However I have come to realize that there is nothing more exhausting than going to school for five hours and then going to work for four and doing that all over again. Every single day. I absolutely love school and I love learning and after this first semester I still do. But wow, I need a break. 

    I'm the kind of person to plan things to look forward to every week. Whether that be stay at home to read on a Saturday or hang out with friends on a Sunday afternoon. So for the end of my first semester at college I knew I needed to plan something to motivate me to finish off strong. I booked a plane ticket to Texas for the first week of January to go visit my cousins. I absolutely love going to the airport and just having little getaways by myself. I needed something more than just a few weeks off of school. I needed to get away from Indiana, somewhere where it's in the 50's instead of -10 in winter time. So even though I'm starting to end this semester extremely exhausted I know I just have to keep pushing through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Completely and Utterly Exhausted

            I'm sitting here having absolutely no idea what to write about. It's nearing the end of the semester where I think every...